Sunday, November 23, 2008

One Sentence Movie Reviews (Of Flicks I Haven't Seen)

I haven't been out to the movies lately. Nothing out there really appeals to me right now. I am anxiously awaiting the wide release of Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire, but alas it has not arrived in the desert yet. Although even though I haven't seen any of these, I can still cast a judgmental and dismissive eye upon them. Check it out:

Twilight: Even if I liked stories about femmy looking vampires and their wacky adventures in the Pacific Northwest, I would be turned off by the marketing for this movie, which is geared nearly exclusively to teenaged girls.

Bolt: It's amazing to me that Disney still bothers with these non-Pixar cgi movies; Meet the Robinsons and Chicken Little made money, but they are nowhere near as good as, well, any Pixar movie ever, and this movie will suffer the same fate.

Quantum of Solace: Today's technology is impressive: this movie has only been in theaters for two weeks, but its already out on dvd under the title The Bourne Supremacy.

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa: The law of sequels says that there is no way that this will be as good as the first one, which sadly sucked ass.

High School Musical 3: Senior Year: I think I could only be made to watch this movie if I was strapped down Clockwork Orange style, but even then I would only make it halfway through before I choked on my own vomit and mercifully spared myself from any more stupid song and dance numbers about basketball.

Role Models: This movie actually seems ok, but I feel like we are getting a movie like this every month now and I am getting sick of them, you know?

Changeling: "Directed by Clint Eastwood" + "Starring Angelina Jolie" = Oscar gold, well usually, except looking at the plot synopsis, the equation also should have "A Lifetime Original Movie" in there which throws the whole thing off balance.

December looks like it will have some quality films in it, so hopefully my movie malaise will be broken. Until then, thank goodness for Netflix.

No comments: